Five Ways to Handle Company-Wide Communication: Using our GDPR-Suite for Jira and Confluence
You have probably heard about our apps GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Jira and GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Confluence which allow you to become compliant swiftly and easily. In this article, we will focus on the Notifications and Announcements section of the apps and see how you can leverage it for internal communications.
When it comes to the GDPR-related purposes, this module is primarily used to notify users about:
While these uses alone bring great value, the potential of this module goes far beyond that. Let look at some non-GDPR related uses for the module you might not have thought about.
- Notifying employees about the company’s Code of Conduct
Company culture is hugely important for the success and general health of an organization, and the Code of Conduct is an integral part of the culture, outlining the company’s expectations regarding the employees’ behaviour towards team mates, customers and the business itself. In GDPR you can notify users about the Code of Conduct and request them to accept it.
Onboarding is aimed at providing a new employee with essential information and assimilating them into the company environment. Research has shown that successful onboading increases talent retention by 25% and makes new hires feel happier and more at ease. With our Notification and Announcement section, you can structure your onboarding making sure you don’t neglect anything important. Instead of doing it manually, rely on our module to provide the new hire with useful information, links to mandatory training courses and relevant guidelines and instructions.
3. Enforcing new rules
So, you have defined a new workflow and talked through some new rules, but how can you ensure that everyone knows exactly what to do? Use our Notifications and Announcements module to inform every employee about the new process or set of rules and get their consent. Enjoy greater transparency with a click of a button!
4. Notifications to specific groups
Our module allows you to choose who is going to be notified, which gives you a lot of flexibility in your automatic communications. Let’s look at a few examples:
- You have users in France, Germany and the USA and want to notify only your German and French users that all content should be in English from now on.
- You have several marketing projects and want to notify your Marketing users that all Marketing Jira projects or Marketing Confluence spaces will be merged on a specific date.
- You have a group of freelancers whose processes differ slightly from those of full-time employees and you need to notify them on their specific rules and workflows and get their consent.
5. Notifications to Jira administrators
Overloaded with information, employees may simply forget or miss something important. Use our Notifications and Announcements module to make your Jira admins’ lives just a little bit easier. Send out automatic notifications about:
- The changes implemented in the new version of Jira / Confluence after an upgrade
- Upgrades and downtime that will happen on a certain day requiring the users to accept that
- The fact that certain information is confidential to make sure your users are aware of that and safeguard it properly, etc
These are just some of the possible uses for our Notifications and Announcements module. As you can see, it allows you greater flexibility and a higher level of automation in your routine communications. For more information on these or other use cases, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find our products mentioned in this article in our marketplace
For more information on GDPR compliance, check out more articles in this series:
- 4 easy questions to check if you are fully GDPR compliant
- Be GDPR compliant, Part 1: everything you need to know about getting consent in Jira and Confluence
- Be GDPR compliant, Part 2: ensure the right to erasure, find and anonymize PII in Jira
- New model of calculating GDPR fines is to increase possible penalties
Let’s stay in touch!